Email marketing is one the tried and tested tools for marketing your products and services to your potential and existing customers. It is being actively used by more than 4 billion users all over the world. If you are one of them, this article is a must read for you. You have recently started you business and you have started email marketing to send information about your offerings to the leads. Great job! But how do you ensure you are sending right content to right person?
What is CRM
CRM or Customer Relationship Management, as the name suggests, is a tool to manage and optimize your company’s relationship with customers and streamline sales and marketing processes. A CRM software stores customer information like contact details and records on previous interactions at a centralized location where anyone in the company can access it. So how can it support email marketing? Let’s read on.
How does it help with email marketing
By combining CRM with email marketing, you can focus on each customer rather than sending general mails in bulk. This can help generate better profits by creating more engaged customers. A CRM software will boost email marketing efforts by:
- Showing each customer at every stage of a sales funnel
- Tracking customer’s history and relating it with your business
- Identifying a lead as a potential customer within the funnel
- Providing detailed information about customers thus helping the business send personalized and customized emails.
- Sending alerts and notifications internally for scheduled calls and sending follow up emails
Why is this duo important for marketers
Both CRM and email marketing are here to stay for the long run. Even though social media marketing has emerged as an important part of marketing, the importance of email marketing cannot be ignored. As for CRM software, it is has the highest share of software market in the world and this will remain so. Hence, as a marketer, it is very important to utilize both in the overall marketing strategies. A CRM acts as the first step, before you proceed with email marketing. Once the CRM collects all information about leads and customers such as which products or services they buy the most, what they click on, how often they contact you etc., you can use that information to craft personalized and customized email campaigns targeted specifically for that particular lead or customer. For example, a reminder mail to a customer who has items in his cart for a long time, or a recommendation of a product a customer has viewed a couple of times.
Features to look for in a CRM based email marketing software
There are several features to look for, however you can look into these 5 most important ones:
- Testing and Analysis: A CRM based email marketing software should offer detailed analysis of data, test campaigns and suggest changes in the approach as and when required. For example, the click rate of the last email campaign to decide its success rate.
- Lead nurturing: This is the process of growing relationship with leads at each stage of the sales funnel which will save a lot of time and money.
- Bulk emailing software: Sending emails in a large volume to all leads and customers to notify general information about the company or any new product offering is important.
- Engagement tracking: The platform should be able to track each stage of the engagement from opening the email to clicking on the CTA to the desired action. This will help you to change your approach when needed.
- Response automation: You should be able to create drip campaigns which would automatically send emails to a customer based on certain events like order has been shipped, cart is empty etc.
CRM runner provides an integrated email marketing platform which helps you nurture client relationships with targeted emails. You will get detailed reports on each interaction which will help you take informed decisions. Mail us today at firstname.lastname@example.org to know more details or submit a contact request on our website.